At CSM Production, the team runs at 100 miles per hour. Managing the hundreds of details, travel and transportation logistics is no easy feat, but it’s a role that Heather Holland embraces with a firm grasp on being organized and a good sense of humor.
Nearly two and a half years ago, Heather joined CSM as its compliance coordinator on the transportation team. In our new “people first” series, we sat down with Heather to ask her a mix of 10 personal and professional questions.
- What’s the most difficult aspect of your job?
The most difficult aspect is keeping up with most recent updates with FMCSA’s (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) compliance guidelines.
- What’s the most rewarding aspect of your job?
Since I’ve been at CSM, many of the drivers have matured with paperwork, listening to the needs we have, etc. That’s been cool to see.
- You and your husband prefer tropical getaways. What’s your favorite place thus far?
We both really enjoyed Saint Thomas and Saint Martin. It was his first tropical vacation and the first time out of the country which made it that much more special. We are going to Jamaica in December and can’t wait.
- You manage a fleet of dozens of trucks, trailers and smaller vehicles. How do you maintain organization and a smooth operation?
Keeping your thumb on everything that goes on. Google Sheets is a big help, and we have a sign-in and out sheet. Plus, I follow up daily to monitor the fleet.
- You visited Talladega Superspeedway just recently. What surprised you the most about that event?
Overall, it was a good experience. We had great weather, and the Freightliner guests were easy to manage and get along with. I was a bit surprised by the whole pickup truck full of topless men with low-riding pants.
- A Saturday night date … what type of food do you choose for dinner?
I am a big seafood eater; salmon and sea bass mostly.
- A perfect date night is … staying in and cooking, maybe catching up on DVR movies.
- What did you do in law enforcement?
I was first a police officer and then moved into investigating juvenile crime and sexual assault.
- What’s your weapon of choice?
My favorite is a Model 21 Glock 45.
- What question should we ask the next 10 questions participant?
If you could have done anything outside of what you are doing, what would it be?