The University of North Carolina at Greensboro grad, Meredith Rogers, brings a unique perspective to JHE’s creative team. The interior architecture major has dabbled in a little bit of everything. While completing her degree, Meredith interned for ODELL Associates, an interior design and architecture firm. Following graduation she switched fields and worked as a teaching assistant for a year before deciding to go back to school for a nursing degree at Queens College. Meredith then worked as a nursing assistant in the cardiac telemetry unit at Charlotte Medical Center for a year before deciding to return to her true passion, design.
About two years ago, the Charlotte native joined the newly-developed sales and marketing team as the department’s dedicated graphic designer. Today, Meredith is the go-to girl to bring prospective new clients’ visions to life and showcase what JHE has to offer in addition to developing collateral and other marketing materials. As the first design new clients see, Meredith plays an integral role in each new business opportunity.
Q&A with Meredith:
- The best (and worst) lesson from college that still applies to your job: Attention to detail; a blessing and a curse :)
- Accomplishment at JHE you are most proud of: Designing the first new mobile tour, Aaron’s, that we sold as the sales and marketing department.
- Insider secret to your job: Designing isn’t as simple as it seems. The creative process takes time.
- What makes you good at your job: I am a perfectionist. While this can sometimes inhibit the time constraints of our design process, I wouldn’t change it. It just makes me, me.
- Best part of working at JHE: The people. The sales and marketing team is like a second family to me.
Five Things About Meredith You May Not Know:
- My family is… very close. We do everything together!
- I spend my Saturdays… my husband and I just purchased our first home, and if we aren’t slowly piecing it together, one project at a time, you can find me at the beach, my home away from home :)
- My favorite sport is… tennis! Love to play and love to watch.
- My favorite vacation yet is… I studied abroad in college in Greece and Italy and ventured to a small Greek island, Hydra, while I was there. It was truly one of the most beautiful and serene places I’ve ever been to.
- My favorite quote is… “Nothing makes a person more productive than last minute.”