For the third year, JHE is proud to be the producer and promoter for the Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance. The event unites the best in golf with the best in automobiles each year at Pinehurst Resort.
The main event features some of the most historic and rare automobiles staged on the fairways of the iconic golf resort with Dennis Haysbert serving as grand marshal. Here is a look at this year’s event, by the numbers…
- More than 10,000 people attended the event.
- More than 280 cars were showcased on fairways No. 3 and No. 5 during the two-day event.
- The winner of the Concours, a 1919 Pierce-Arrow Model 66 A-4, stands 7-feet tall and weighs 7,000 pounds.
- At least 10 states were represented by Concours competitors.
- A total of 53 awards were handed out to car owners during the event.
- Cars and motorcycles competed in 13 classes.
- Eleven cars escorted soldiers to Fort Bragg on Friday.
- The Black Daggers gave a demonstration and had four soldiers parachute onto the show field.
- Three Saturday performances included the USO Show Troupe, the 82nd Airborne Chorus and Three Dog Night.
- Approximately 90 pieces of printed signage were used along with 40 tents.
- JHE executed a six events over two days including the Iron Mike Rally, Welcome Reception, a concert, the Chairman’s Dinner, a Champagne Toast and the Concours.